What is Music Hub?
Music Hub gives students an opportunity to learn to play a variety of musical instruments. The Music Hub provides students a chance to develop a lifelong appreciation of music and an enthusiasm for learning, all in a nurturing environment with supportive teachers.
Who should enrol?
GMH accepts students from year 1/grade 1 and above. Whether your child is preparing for the Trinity/ABRSM music exams, brushing up on musical skills, or learning to play a musical instrument for the very first time, our teachers are committed to helping your child achieve their musical goal.
Which instruments can my child learn?
• Strings - Violin, Viola, Cello
• Woodwinds - Clarinet, Saxophone, Flute, Oboe, Recorder
• Guitar - acoustic, classical, electric, bass
• Drum kit
• Brass–Trumpet, Trombone
What are the lesson options?
• Online via Microsoft Teams (on all instruments)
• Face-to-face lessons after school in selected schools (on some instruments)
• Face-to-face lessons on a Sunday at GEMS Wellington Academy - Al Khail (WEK)
Key Features of the Music Hub
• Professional, experienced teachers.
• 30-minute one-to-one lessons (60 minute lessons are available on request).
• Lessons are offered both face-to-face and online
• Music lessons will occur during the school day in schools with practice rooms (subject to KHDA restrictions). Students are placed on a rotating timetable so that they do not miss the same curriculum lesson each week
• There is limited availability for lessons before and after school and on a Saturday at GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail (WEK). Please contact email@example.com in advance of enrolment to check availability.
• In schools with no practice rooms lessons will be offered after school in another, local GEMS school or on a Saturday at WEK subject to availability.
• Option to prepare for ABRSM and Guildhall Trinity music examinations.
• Performance opportunities at school assemblies and concerts.
• Theory lessons in preparation for ABRSM Grade 1 – 5 examinations.
• Face-to-face 1 term (10 x 30 minute lessons): AED 1,500
• Online lessons 1 term (10 x 30 minute lessons): AED 1,400
• Face-to-face 1 term (10 x 30 minute lessons): AED 850
• Face-to-face 1 term (8 x 60 minute lessons): AED 560
"I just wanted to write and say a big thank you for supporting Jacob in his music lessons this year. It has been lovely seeing him start to learn the piano and read music and we very much look forward to continuing his journey over the coming years."- Jo
"Thank you so much Marieta for all your hard work with Eden. I can’t believe how much he has learned. Also, how much he is enjoying it. He is always so proud to come home and show us what he has learned that day."- Lyndsay
"Thank you so much for being such a great and motivating teacher to Theo. He really enjoyed the lessons with you and he will definitely continue with his lessons at JC."- Agustina
"To say Thank you, seems very little but it is heartfelt; Thank you so much for all your hard work and efforts, we are all so blessed to have such a dedicated and wonderful teacher guiding and encouraging our children!"- Jane